Hints and tips on how to look after and maintain your sewing machine. Keep it working at its best and fix the most common problems. Delay the need for a sewing machine service!
We will cover cleaning and oiling your machine as well as setting your machine up properly to sew at its best.
We will also discuss what to look for when you really do need to get your machine serviced.
We will cover:
- Cleaning your machine
- Setting your tension – top and bottom
- Oiling your machine properly
- Looking after your shuttle hook
- The needle plate
- Advice on the best tools to use to maintain your sewing machine.
- When you really need to have your sewing machine serviced
This session will revolve around demonstrations of maintaining your machine on a number of working (and some non-working) sewing machines. There will be an opportunity for you to work on these machines as well (please do not bring your own machine). Bring a notepad – you will want to make notes!